The Amalfi Coast is one of the most popular, fancy and amazing locations for your wedding or honeymoon. It’s a land that speaks with the universal language of love and surely one of the best to promise to each other eternal love.
There are several options to get married in the Amalfi Coast, with each of the towns offering a very peculiar scenario for the most important day of your life.
Sun, terraces, wonderful churches, historical buildings, streets, warm people, great food. There is nothing more you may ask for the day of your wedding and it is surely the dream of many to get married in this wonderful place.
It may need though some kind of organisation and you may have need to get help from some of the professionals operating in the area, even though that’s not always the case.
Wedding in the Amalfi Coast, but where?
Even though it’s a tiny portion of Italy, the Amalfi Coast offers several different locations, all of them perfect to host a wedding:
- Amalfi: it is the most famous town, giving its name to the whole coast. It’s surely a fascinating location, even though it may be hard to get for yourself a location fit to host an important ceremony like your own wedding. There are surely many venues able to host even the most crowded weddings, even though it is hard to secure one of those: they may get pretty pricey and at the same time require reservations even a couple of years ahead.
- Positano: it’s another one of the popular wedding destinations of the Amalfi Coast. You may be able to pick up among many venues, either by the sea or in the historical part of the town. Even here though it is usually necessary to start with the organisation quite ahead of time.
- Ravello: it is not a good destination, it is quite the destination. Wonderful, with a beautiful view of the whole coast, as it is conveniently located on the hill in between Maiori and Amalfi. Ravello offers wonderful venues, the best view of the Amalfi Coast and also a more relaxed and silent environment to enjoy our wedding. Venues in Ravello are usually more spacious and let you organise also the accommodation for your guests, maybe in the same hotel that will be hosting your wedding
- Maiori and Minori: weddings in Maiori and Minori can add some authenticity to the most important event of your life, being those the two towns who best kept their identity. Two wonderful small towns, where it will be possibile to organise a more traditional ceremony, in the true spirit of the Costiera Amalfitana. Maiori and Minori offer several good venues to host a wedding, and they are definitely a good option, one of those you should definitely keep into consideration
5 Good Reasons to choose Amalfi Coast for your wedding
There are several great reasons to pick up the Amalfi Coast for your wedding.
We tried to put together the most important 5, which you may want to discuss with your partner, especially if he’s the one not totally bought into the idea of choosing one between Amalfi, Positano, Ravello, Maiori, Minori or the other towns:
- The landscape: there are very few places of the world able to offer such an amazing landscape. We are not talking just about the sea, but also about the amazing nature surrounding the Amalfi Coast. Beautiful hills, wonderful paths to be walked, lemon trees and sun. There is no place in the world able to offer such an amazing combination
- The food: The Amalfi Coast is one of the leading location for food quality, a place where modern cuisine gets mixed with the traditional one, offering always the highest quality and creativity you may expect
- The weather: The Amalfi Coast has a mild climate all year long and it is particularly enjoyable from March to November. During this period you will be able to enjoy also an outdoor wedding, in the garden of the hotel you picked up.
- There is a lot to visit and experience: for your guests it won’t be just about your wedding. They can seize this occasion to visit Amalfi, Positano, Minori and Maiori, Ravello and Tramonti, Sorrento and all the beautiful towns the Amalfi Coast can offer to travellers and tourists
- It’s magic: do you remember how you felt the first time you saw a picture of the Amalfi Coast? Do you remember the awe? That’s exactly what you will feel on such an important day, multiplied by 100
How to plan your wedding in the Amalfi Coast
The best possible option, especially if you live abroad and can’t visit frequently the area, is to agree with a wedding planner agency and let them do the dirty job for you.
There are many English, Spanish and Russian speaking agencies, that can help you get through the whole process, without getting too stressed and letting you concentrate just on what is very important: your wedding.
Prices may obviously vary according to the venue, to the number of guests, to the type of food and to the period of the year.
Even though the Amalfi Coast is not considered as something exactly cheap, you can get a good deal, especially if you are not looking for something baroque and extremely fancy.
A normal wedding, with everything you need and enjoying the specialties of this wonderful region, is usually more than affordable for most of the couples.
The wedding in Maiori
Maiori is one of the preferred location for the celebration of the wedding itself, as the ceremony will take place in the worldwide famous Hall of Frescoes in the Municipio / Town Hall.
It’s a very interesting and beautiful location, one of those that are able to make the whole trip worth not just for you, but also for your guests.
The ceremonies in the Town Hall are celebrated from Monday to Friday in the morning, while on Tuesday and Thursday you will have the chance to pick up also the afternoon.
If your wedding planner agency doesn’t provide you with one, you should also look for a photographer close to the location you picked up for your wedding. It’s not that hard, as along the Amalfi Coast you will be able to find some of the best professionals of wedding photography.
What about the HoneyMoon?
The Amalfi Coast is also a wonderful destination for your honeymoon, either if you decided to get married in here or if you are reaching the Amalfi Coast just for your after-wedding first vacation as husband and wife.
The Amalfi Coast is by far one of the most romantic locations of the world and surely one of the most populars as honeymoon destination. Is there anything better than visiting the cradle of love, like the Italians call it, for the first official vacation with the man or woman you love?
Book in advance
The Amalfi Coast is an extremely popular destination for holidays. If you plan to stay in the area during the high season, you will have to book your hotel, B&B or apartment quite in advance, or you will take the risk of remaining without an accommodation.
Even during low season, if you are looking for a hotel in particular, it would be better to start looking for reservations at least 6 months in advance.
Even as part of an Italy tour
Many people, especially the ones coming from overseas, could seize this occasion to organise a tour of Italy.
The Amalfi Coast can be either the starting point or the ending point of your tour, or just a long, intermediate step while moving from North to Sicily. You can visit a couple of towns allotting even just 2 or 3 days. It will definitely be worth it.